Content marketing isn’t my only forte. I’m also passionate about clean living and safer beauty, which is why I started my own Beautycounter business. Keep reading to see why I was inspired to join their safer beauty movement, check out my favorite Beautycounter products, and learn why you should ditch your current routine for one that’s cleaner and safer for you and the environment.
Why join Beautycounter? I made the switch to nontoxic living when I was pregnant with my first child — in addition to being careful about what I was putting IN my body, I started paying extra attention to what I was putting ON my body. Then, after my first child was born, I developed psoriasis (as if my body hadn’t changed enough during pregnancy!) and was even more conscious of the products I was using. Just about everything you can find on mainstream beauty shelves is laden with toxic chemicals — even those that claim to be green. These chemicals can do a host of damage, from irritating skin to affecting reproduction to causing cancer. No thank you! So when I came across Beautycounter, I was intrigued — then quickly fell in love with their makeup and skincare regimens. They actually work! So after more than a year of using them, I decided to join their team of passionate #bossbabes to help show everyone that you can get effective personal care products that don’t harm yourself or the environment.
So what’s Beautycounter? As the #1 Googled beauty brand of 2018, Beautycounter is on a mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. They are a green beauty and lifestyle brand that makes nontoxic and actually-effective products, from makeup, skin and hair care, to bath and body, to kids and babies, to men’s grooming. Not only that, they’re passionate about advocacy and have visited Washington 100+ times to ban toxic ingredients from cosmetics once and for all.
But I already have products I love. I understand that we’re all creatures of habit and brand loyalists, so you’ve probably got a skincare/makeup/personal care regimen that you love and that works for you. I get it. But I also challenge you to make a clean swap the next time you run out of your favorite foundation, moisturizer or face wash. And if you do, I encourage you to try Beautycounter and shop with me. A great place to start is their Flawless in Five set, which includes six safe & effective products (pictured below) that’ll give you effortless beauty in five minutes or less. Keep scrolling for my Beautycounter go-tos.
Some of my favorite Beautycounter products. For more product inspo, here are some of the Beautycounter products I use on a daily basis and love:
- Brightening Facial Oil: This has a way of waking up my complexion that no other product has ever done. It really does brighten and make my skin look and feel less dull. (And it’s an Allure Best of Beauty winner!) I use mine in the mornings then top with the adaptive moisture lotion before applying makeup. My skin feels and looks amazing.
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion: A lightweight lotion that adjusts hydration and oxygenation levels throughout the day. My skin would NOT survive the dryness of winter without this lotion. The entire Countermatch Skincare Regimen is also amazing — super hydrating and leaves my skin really, really soft.
- Tint Skin Foundation: like an awesome BB or CC cream that provides great coverage without feeling too heavy. The Dew Skin Foundation is another great option — it’s a tinted moisturizer that provides slightly lighter coverage than the Tint Skin and it also has SPF.
- Sheer Lipstick in Rose: A great neutral pink that adds the perfect subtle pop of color for day wear. I also love Orchid.
- Cleansing Balm: A multipurpose and deeply hydrating balm that can be used as a cleanser, makeup remover, or overnight mask. I use it nightly to cleanse and remove makeup and it works like a charm.
- Rejuvenating Night Cream: Fights fine lines and wrinkles and moisturizes while you sleep. I use every night along with the Rejuvenating Eye Cream.
Also love: matte bronzer (great makeup staple), charcoal mask (leaves my skin SUPER soft), overnight resurfacing peel (for a fresh morning glow), smooth & control hair line (controls frizz and adds softness).
I’ve tried, loved and currently use many other products, so let me know if you have questions about anything not mentioned here.
Recent press. I’m not the only one singing Beautycounter’s praises or encouraging safer beauty. Check out what some top media brands have to say about Beautycounter and the cosmetics industry as a whole:
- Fast Company – Beautycounter named among The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2019 and ranked FIRST in the Beauty Category.
- InStyle – 6 Super Popular Beautycounter Products Worth Buying from your Facebook Friend
- Marie Claire – Beyonce’s Makeup Artist Sir John Says These Will Be the Coolest Makeup Trends of 2019
- The TODAY Show – The Best Clean Beauty Products to Try Right Now
- New York Times – Do You Know What’s In Your Cosmetics